Setting the Record Straight: Ogbuefi Dangold Clears the Air on Alleged Demolition of William Okoro’s Property

My attention has been drawn to allegations circulating on social media that I, Ogbuefi Dangold (Ugwu Daniel), demolished a house belonging to Mr. William Okoro simply because of my position as President General (PG) of the Nrobo community. I wish to clarify the matter and provide insight for those who may be hearing about this for the first time, especially the people of Uzo-Uwani. 


Firstly, I want to emphasise that I am in the process of constructing a building in my village. I met with families who own the lands necessary to provide an access road to my property, and they willingly agreed, after careful consideration, to release the land. Mr. William Okoro, who is also building near my property, already has his own designated access routes. 


In 2020, I hired a grading machine to clear the land allocated to me for my access road. Unknown to me at the time, Mr. Okoro claimed that the grading machine scattered heaps of sand that he had on the land. Upon being informed of this, I took steps to resolve the matter amicably, engaging in dialogues through our community elders (Umunna) and friends. I even apologised personally, as was agreed, but Mr. Okoro refused my apology, both at the village and in Onitsha, where we both reside.


Mr. Okoro insisted that the sand totalled 11 truckloads, demanding compensation despite a lack of evidence to support his claim. In a bid to resolve the issue, I requested that he swear by his claim, promising to replace the sand if he could prove it. He declined. Subsequently, Mr. Okoro began constructing a boys’ quarter on the disputed land, which effectively blocked access to my property.


Respecting the rule of law, I consulted the Enugu State Town Planning Authority, which formally directed Mr. Okoro to remove the structure. He ignored the directive. With the recent passing of my mother, I needed the access road cleared to allow for funeral preparations, as larger vehicles could not reach my property due to the obstruction.


After extensive consultations, the community elders (Umunna) and the Town Planning Authority sanctioned the removal of Mr. Okoro’s illegal structure. 


It is essential to set the record straight regarding some images and videos circulating online. These do not pertain to Mr. Okoro’s property but to a demolished farm built by women for the Nrobo community near Orie Market. This farm was relocated to a more suitable location by the community.


Let me also address the motivations behind this misinformation campaign. The former PG of Nrobo, Mr. Christopher Idiga, has refused to relinquish his position, attempting to undermine my leadership. Mr. Idiga previously led a group to a radio station in Enugu to oppose the government’s decision appointing me as PG. He has since rallied behind Mr. Okoro to further tarnish my image. 


My administration is committed to accountability and transparency, unlike the previous one, which was marred by financial mismanagement. Unaccounted funds totalling ₦7,760,000, which belong to the Nrobo community, remain unaddressed. As PG, I am determined to restore these funds and hold those responsible to account.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[VIDEO] Woman Miraculously Rescued from Yahoo-Plus Ritualist in Abuja Hotel

BREAKING: Popular Pastor Dies on Mountain While Fasting and Praying for Nigeria

Again, Oriokpa Masquerades Kill Another Innocent Woman in Enugu